Structural Technician/Draughtsman with 2 years post graduate experience
SDS design engineers specialise in building design and engineering with expertise in geotechnical, water and civil & structural engineering. We have 50 employees working in Ireland and Spain. We are recruiting for an experienced BIM Technician to join our design team in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- Responsible for production of full working models and drawings using Revit software within the structural department
- Co-ordination of structural models with internal and external design team members including architects and building services
- Communicate with engineers/architects when preparing drawings/designs
- Calculate dimensions and allowances with accurate precision
- Revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and enhancements
- Willingness and responsive to the demands and coordination of other design team professionals, clients and contractors.
- Perform other job related duties as required
- Diploma or degree in civil or structural engineering
- 2 years experience in an Engineering Design Office (or similar)
- You must be proficient using AutoCAD/Revit and be capable of preparing detailed technical designs & drawings to an exceptional standard
- A good knowledge of Robot, Staad PRO-QSE or similar is essential
- Full working knowledge of British and Eurocode Design Standards for Concrete, Steel, Masonry and Timber
- Be able to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and deliver projects on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication (fluent in English)
- Self motivated with great attention to detail
What you will get in return
- Attractive salary and package on offer for suitable candidate, including pension scheme, CPD and further training.
- You will gain great exposure working across a range of projects in a growing company
- You will be working closely with senior staff