Senior Design Engineer
Senior Civil/Structural Design Engineer
SDS design engineers specialise in building design and engineering with expertise in geotechnical, water and civil & structural engineering. We have 50 employees working in Ireland and Spain. We are recruiting for an experienced senior engineer to join our design team in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- Project management of in-house and on-site projects
- The production of full design and drawings using hand calculations and computer software.
- Preparation of tender documents
- Communicate with engineers/architects when preparing drawings/designs
- Perform other job related duties as required
- Degree in civil or structural engineering
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- You must be proficient using computer software and be capable of preparing detailed technical designs & drawings to an exceptional standard
- A good knowledge of Robot, Staad PRO-QSE or similar
- Full working knowledge of British and Eurocode Design Standards for Concrete, Steel, Masonry and Timber
- Be able to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and deliver projects on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication (fluent in English)
- Self-motivated with great attention to detail
What you will get in return
- Attractive salary and package on offer for suitable candidate, including pension scheme, CPD and further training.
- You will gain great exposure working across a range of projects in a growing company
- You will be working directly with senior staff
- Our office is in Castlebar, Co. Mayo in the picturesque West of Ireland.