Senior Design Engineer
Senior Civil/Structural Design Engineer
SDS design engineers specialise in building design and engineering with expertise in geotechnical, water and civil & structural engineering. We have over 40 employees working in Ireland and Spain. We are recruiting for an experienced senior engineer to join our design team in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
Castlebar was recently crowned the best place to live and work in Ireland!
- Project management of in-house and on-site projects
- The production of full design and drawings using hand calculations and computer software.
- Preparation of tender documents
- Communicate with engineers/architects when preparing drawings/designs
- Perform other job related duties as required
- Degree in civil or structural engineering
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- You must be proficient using computer software and be capable of preparing detailed technical designs & drawings to an exceptional standard
- A good knowledge of Robot, Staad PRO-QSE or similar
- Full working knowledge of British and Eurocode Design Standards for Concrete, Steel, Masonry and Timber
- Be able to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and deliver projects on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication (fluent in English)
- Self-motivated with great attention to detail
What you will get in return
- Attractive salary and package on offer for suitable candidate, including pension scheme, CPD and further training.
- You will gain great exposure working across a range of projects in a growing company
- You will be working directly with senior staff
- Our office is in Castlebar, Co. Mayo in the picturesque West of Ireland.